Warranty Policy – MicroPayments Products
Heartland MicroPayments standard warranty period is one year from the date of shipment. Heartland MicroPayments warrants that during the warranty period equipment shall be free from defects in materials, workmanship, and fabrication, and shall conform to applicable specifications, drawings, samples and/or description. Heartland MicroPayments hardware products are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship when purchased from Heartland MicroPayments or an authorized Heartland MicroPayments dealer and subject to normal use and service during the warranty period. If Heartland MicroPayments receives notice of such defects during the warranty period, Heartland MicroPayments will, at its option, either repair or replace without charge, hardware products which prove to be defective, except as set forth below. All replaced parts become the property of Heartland MicroPayments.
This Limited Warranty shall not apply to equipment failure resulting from:
1. Improper or inadequate maintenance by purchaser, including failure to follow published lubrication and cleaning schedules. Heartland MicroPayments recommends that the card transport unit and bill validator be cleaned every two weeks (minimum). Due to environmental conditions, the cleaning procedure may be required more frequently. Card transport cleaning cards and bill validator cleaning cards may be purchased from Heartland MicroPayments.
2. Purchaser supplied software, hardware or interfacing, including reprogramming, which may cause excessive repetition of electro-mechanical or electronic drive components.
3. Unauthorized or non-Heartland MicroPayments modifications to the product or misuse of the product.
4. Operation outside the following environmental or electrical specifications for the product:
a) 41 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit (+5 C to +40 C)
b) 20% - 80% relative humidity, non-condensing
c) 90 - 125 Volts AC, 50/60 Hz
5. Improper site preparation and maintenance.
6. Accident, disaster or vandalism.
The foregoing warranties shall be subject to purchaser's installing and maintaining the equipment in accordance with the specifications and directions supplied by Heartland MicroPayments, and the customer shall be responsible for all transportation charges on warranty replacement or repair items returned to Heartland MicroPayments.
Heartland MicroPayments makes no representations or warranties other than those set forth. The warranty stated herein is expressly in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any express or implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or against infringement, and such warranty constitutes the only warranty made by Heartland MicroPayments with respect to this agreement to the Heartland MicroPayments products listed, articles, materials, replacement parts, or services to be supplied hereby. Heartland MicroPayments shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages of any kind.
1. Obtain the following information:
a) Part Number and Serial number of the item
b) Description of the item’s problem
2. Call 800.332.4835, then select Option 2.
3. A Customer Service Representative will determine the warranty status of the item and advise you of options. If the warranty status cannot be determined until the item is a received, the status will be listed as ‘TBD’.
4. The Customer Service Representative will provide you with an Return Material Authorization Number(RMA#) .
5. Return the item(s) to:
Attn: RMA# __________ (record the provided RMA# here)
2115 Chapman Road, Suite 159
Chattanooga, TN 37421
Note – Please provide a clear record of the RMA number on the outside and inside of the package.
Any item returned without this may be refused or significantly delayed.
6. After receipt, you will be advised of any applicable repair charges.
Once approved, the item will be repaired and returned to you.